26 Reasons We Failed At Love
1. I'm lonely so I do lonely things.
2. Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.
3. You're a ghost town and I'm too patriotic to leave.
4. I stay because you're the start of a dream that I want to remember.
5. I never called because he likes his girls voiceless.
6. I couldn't love you, you were a small war.
7. We covered the smell of loss with jokes.
8. I didn't want to fail at love just like my parents.
9. We were trying to prove our blood wrong.
10. I was still lonely so I did even lonelier things.
11. Yes, I'm insecure, but so was my mother and her mother.
12. No, he loves me he just makes me cry a lot.
13. You were too cruel to love for a long time.
14. It just didn't work out.
15. I can't sleep because I can still taste him in my mouth.
16. I cut him out at the root- he was my favorite tree, rotting, threatening the foundation of my home.
17. The women in my family die waiting.
18. Because I didn't want to die waiting for you.
19. I had to leave, I felt lonely when he held me.
20. You're the song I rewind until I know all of the words and feel sick.
21. He sent me a text that had said, "I love you so badly."
22. We emotionally manipulated one another until we thought it was love.
23. Forgive me, I was lonely so I chose you.
24. I am a lover without a lover.
25. I am both lovely and lonely.
26. I belong too deeply to myself.
Share This Poem
This Poems Story
Twenty-six reasons we could never work out.